Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanks


I love Thanksgiving.




What could be better than a holiday devoted to gratitude, one that urges us to take stock of the goodness in our lives?
This year, like every other, we filled the last hours before dinner with art-- "Thankfullness Pictures" as the kids call them.
Micah counts, the school food bank among her blessings (Our donation a few weeks ago must have stuck in her mind), the color red, fun, and the planet.

Anna is thankful for "The knowledge of art", her school, the earth, her family, baseball (She's a big Red Sox fan these days), dogs, teachers and herself.



Joe is thankful for his friend Oliver:



I, myself, am thankful for another Thanksgiving here on Maggie's Farm and the gathering of family and friends that happened this year, the joys of children, animals, and easy love, the bounty of here and now. And for Dan, my partner in every sense of the word (and the most awesome man in the whole world). For birthdays and busyness, quiet and cold. For snowdays and sunny days, for the animals and plants that gave us our first seriously homegrown feast-- homegrown turkey, lamb sausage stuffing, apple everything. And I am thankful for the spirit of change that has overtaken my own and the country's cynicism. Oh, I could go on and on. But I won't. Not here anyway.

I hope your holiday was a good one.

1 comment:

Christy said...

What a nice post. I like the thankfulness art idea. We may have to do that next year.